Thursday, December 26, 2013

Winter Sun

Hawken in the winter sun...

Flying toys for xmas!

Playing at the park.
Can't do this in Alaska the day after Christmas. Find green grass to play in that is... We are loving this mild winter stuff... Thank You Oregon. I know I give Alaska a hard time but in reality we love it there and our kids learned so much cool stuff that isn't mainstream growing up there. They saw animals, salmon fished in famous streams and rivers for just that. They saw Denali "the great one" so much it was common and dare I say boring to them. We wouldn't trade our 8+ years in Alaska for anything, even though I'm done with full time residency up there I still love the beauty and isolation of that great state. I am however an Oregonian and always have been, it was time to come home. You can still check out our Alaskan Adventures at my old blog address www.alaskanbrothers.blogspot.com  but I will be adding to this new page www.mthoodmom.blogspot.com   as we explore our new home in the Mt. Hood Natl. Forest and areas around it. The kids are old enough to keep up on hikes and camping trips now so we plan to do a lot of that. Check back to go on this adventure with us... Happy Holidays & New Year to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment